America Is Better Than its Current Condition
Growing up and being indoctrinated in American ideals, I would have never imagined that America, the beautiful, would have been denigrated to become America, the reality sideshow, for the world to laugh at. In less than four years, all of the pride, respect & imperfect aspirations would be trumped by an amoral, incompetent man. Self-serving GOP, Dems and folks outside those labels, have ceded human dignity for amoral authority. They have placed their power over human decency & America’s position of respect in the world. Never mind the power & credibility, they once had, is diminished by endorsing Trump. That crown of authority has been crushed under their assumption that the respect found in American power automatically conveys to whomever is in the White House. It doesn’t.
Dimmed & Fallen
The nation and the world is shocked to see just how far our light has dimmed & and fallen from the hill we once sat upon. Americans are, literally, trying to prevent fellow Americans from exercising our Constitutional rights. This is NOT America, nor do we reflect the values of our pledge any longer. These examples show how far we’ve fallen.
- Why are freedom fighters being pepper sprayed in #NorthCarolina?
- Domestic terrorism is showing up via roadblocks & threats in #Texas (and cheered by the narcissist-in-chief).
- Florida voters were ignored when returning citizens were forced to pay poll taxes & are being intimidated & denied voting rights in #Florida.
This should outrage EVERY America, because it violates every American. We must. We must vote & show them that WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED! We we must show up to defend our rights as citizens. Because we know that our systems have been attacked by foreign and domestic forces.
Vote and Act
We have seen so much evil used on these shores, and people have stood up and fought through it all. If you have already voted, WELL DONE. Now, encourage others to do the same. If you haven’t voted yet, these tips can help you prepare for this important day (Courtesy of National Action Network):
✔️ Check your voting options
✔️ Find your polling location and polling hours
✔️ Check if you need to bring ID — check here.
✔️ Lookup the sample ballot in your area — Click here.
✔️ Check to see if your state has restrictions on attire — don’t give them an excuse to turn you away.
✔️ Pack water and snacks in case lines are long
💡 COVID-19 Safety:
- Wear a mask (bring a back up)
- - Use hand sanitizer
- - Stay at least 6 feet away from others
⚖️ Know your rights:
- If the polls close while you’re in line, STAY IN LINE. You have the right to cast your vote.
- If the machines are down, ask for a paper ballot.
- If you make a mistake on your ballot, ask for a new one.
- Under Federal law, all polling places for federal elections must be fully accessible to older adults and voters with disabilities
- You have the right to be free from intimidation, harassment, or coercion while casting your ballot.
- You have the right to cast your ballot in private
☎️ Voter Issues or Questions?
Any questions about polling place locations, hours, or any issues around voting, including voter intimidation, please call or text the Election Protection hotline at 1–866-OUR-VOTE (866–687–8683). A trained team of lawyers are on standby to help.
CALL US! To report any issues at 1–877–626–4651, our staff and volunteers are standing by.
Stay Strong-It’s NOT Over
We know see the American bemishes clearly. That clear vision is our best tool to help us fix what we have neglected for a long time.
The work continues, no matter who wins.
Our elders fought for moments like this — so, don’t be discouraged. Let OUR history be part of the healing process for OUR future. Don’t deny yourself — or let anybody deny you — your right to be part of the solution. It’s been said that it’s always darkest before dawn.
We are in a dark space right now, but dawn will come. Stay STRONG and do your part to usher in the dawn.
Through it all — KEEP THE FAITH!
Pass it on!